What is OneSwap Wallet?
OneSwap Wallet is a decentralized wallet. By using the Wallet, your encrypted private key (keystore file) will be stored safely in its server, and you will get a unique wallet ID. With the wallet ID and password, you will be the only one who can unlock the wallet and access to your assets.
What Should I Know before Using OneSwap Wallet?
What is Mnemonic Phrase? Why do I need it?
The mnemonic phrase consists of 12 random words used to restore your assets. It will be the only way to access your assets once lost your wallet ID or password.
How to backup Mnemonic Phrase？
1) After logging in to OneSwap Wallet, go to "Wallet Settings" - "Wallet Back up" - "Mnemonic Phrase Back up" to check it.
2) Click "Download mnemonic phrase template" and print it, then click [Next]. Write down the Mnemonic Phrase in the correct order to ensure that a valid copy.
3) Double-check if the Mnemonic Phrase is correct.
Why do I need to back it up offline?
Holding your mnemonic phrase means holding full control over your assets. To protect your assets from network hackers or accidental data loss, you are recommended to save your mnemonic phrase offline - write it on a paper and keep it safe.
What is KeyStore File?
The KeyStore file is commonly found in Ethereum wallets, which is an encrypted file of Ethereum private keys. The KeyStore file is a string in Json format, which can be opened by any Ethereum wallet. The KeyStore file must be used with the wallet password, so please backup KeyStore file as well as Wallet password.
How to backup KeyStore file？
1) After logging in to OneSwap Wallet, go to "Wallet Settings" - "Wallet Back up" - "Keystore file Back up" to download it.
2) Once downloaded successfully, tt is recommended to back it up to Local, such as U-Disk, mobile hard disk, etc.
What is Wallet ID? How to retrieve it?
1. Wallet ID is generated by an encrypted KeyStore file. By using the Wallet, your encrypted private key (keystore file) will be stored safely in its server, and you will get a unique wallet ID. With the wallet ID and password, you will be the only one who can unlock the wallet and access to your assets.
2. Wallet ID can be found in the past OneSwap emails. If it is failed, you can also follow the steps to find your Wallet ID back: Click "Send Wallet ID" on "Connect to OnSwap Wallet" page, and enter your registered email and captcha to [Submit] the request. You'll soon receive email containing the wallet ID.
What is the use of Wallet Password? What should I do if I forget the password?
1. OneSwap Wallet password is used to unlock Wallet ID or KeyStore file. It can be connected to OneSwap Wallet via "Wallet ID + Wallet Password" or "KeyStore File + Wallet Password".
2. OneSwap cannot retrieve your password. If you forgot the password related to a certain wallet ID, you can import Mnemonic Phrase to restore Wallet ID and set a new password for it.
OneSwap Wallet has four ways to restore assets:
1. Import mnemonic phrase
2. KeyStore File + Wallet Password
3. Wallet ID + Wallet Password
4. Import Private Key
OneSwap will neither store your mnemonic phrase nor private key, and it cannot retrieve your password. You have a 100% ownership of your assets. Be sure to back up the mnemonic phrase offline, it will help you restore assets at any time.
How to create a OneSwap wallet?
1. Visit www.oneswap.net, and click [Create wallet] on the upper right corner.
2. Enter [Email], [Email Verification Code], [Password] one by one, read and confirm [Terms of Service], and finally click [Create].
3. After successfully creating a OneSwap Wallet, your mailbox will receive [Wallet ID].
Note: 1. Make sure the password is 8 to 32 characters including a number, a capital letter and a lowercase letter. 2. Please keep your password safe as OneSwap cannot help you retrieve it.